Sunday, July 13, 2008

Helper Baby

TJ is my helper baby. He brings his shoes if I mention that we’re going somewhere. He loves to sweep anytime I sweep or mop or vacuum. He even tries to help load and unload the dishwasher. (I have to be quick to keep the knives out of his reach.)



A quick way to get him out of a tantrum is to ask him to bring something. Coker asked him to bring a book this evening as I tried to make dinner with a crying baby underfoot. He stopped crying immediately and went to the cabinet to choose a book.


This does not mean TJ is a neat freak. After our spaghetti dinner, we ate popsicles outside with the sprinkler running to rinse our sticky boys as they ate. Of course, TJ helped me pick up the popsicle sticks after he and Paul finished playing with them.

2 comments:

The Davis Duet said...

Bring that little boy on over to our place! I've got some floors that need to be swept and some dishes that need to be put away! hehe. :-)

Meredith R said...

I didn’t mention that my cabinets get rearranged, not just with dishes but with toys and sometimes the remote control, too.