Just as much as Paul loves new toys, maybe even more, I love new toys. I don't love Transformers or Star Wars figures or the Batman sword Paul's been eyeing at Target. Incidentally, does Batman use a sword? Paul's excitement ends when he realizes that there's something more he's missing in the line. He found a Batman toy in his cereal box and is crushed because he didn't get the Joker. He can't understand why I refuse to buy more cereal before he finishes the box we have.
Back to me. I love new electronics, and kitchen gizmos, but today it's electronics. I didn't get anything fancy like the new IPhone. I got new cordless phones with a new answering machine! I know you're excited for me. I squealed when I saw the box on the front porch, though I restrained myself enough to let Paul bring it inside for me. I charged them and programmed them and tried to wake Coker with the intercom feature. He's too sleepy to feign interest, and just complained, "what is that noise?" That's OK. I'll still be excited tomorrow, because I can call him from upstairs and ask him to bring me something. Finally, we are even. Now my voice also can be heard throughout the house!
1 comment:
Bonus: I can listen to messages from the phone in another room! Drawback: TJ can play the messages.
Post a Comment