Wednesday, July 2, 2008

VBS 2008



Craft time in the 4th grade




Paul walks through the wilderness toward the Red Sea with good friend, Colby



The 4th grade waits for Passover
VBS has been fun. Coker and I taught in the 4th grade class, which is to say we worked crowd control. We were not responsible for much, but really enjoyed getting to spend time with the kids. We helped Todd Robinson and Betty Autry, who are both pros. I love Gram Betty; she’s been teaching 4th grade long enough that she taught Todd and several of the parents of the present class. We helped with crafts and learned along with the kids. I feel like I was in VBS.

TJ did alright. He’s so clingy that staying in the nursery was a battle for him. It was late and he wanted mama. He watched part of the show tonight and really enjoyed it (for a while). He stood in my lap clapping, pointing, waving and talking.

Paul loved VBS. He woke up each morning since the first night asking if we would go today. He sat with friends to watch the show and seemed to know all the kids his age. It made my heart swell to see him waving and talking to so many of his friends.

No comments: