Saturday, June 11, 2011

California Vacation June 2011, Day 4

Tuesday was Disneyland day. There were six of us: Mom, Coker's Aunt Janice, Paul, TJ, Coker and me. It was great to have a high ratio of adults to kids. The boys were so well behaved for most of the day; I had a wonderful time. Here are Paul and TJ fresh and ready to have fun in front of the castle.
TJ rode the Dumbo ride with me. Paul rode with Amina/mom/Marsha.

Paul rode with Amina again on the teacups. Mom was the only one who was willing to stay until close with me. We left before close - I didn't make everyone else suffer.

TJ, Coker and I rode together in another teacup. Aunt Janice looked for a bag for her purse. It broke! She was good company on our adventures. She and Coker got their seats soaked on Pirates of the Caribbean and didn't completely dry out all day. It was a little chilly! By the end of the day, I was wishing for my jacket.
We missed Star Tours; the line was too long and the Fast Passes sold out long before we ventured into Tomorrowland. We also missed the Jedi Training Academy. I think Paul forgave me for not getting over there before the last show of the day. He was too shy to volunteer two years ago, and I'm not convinced he would have raised his hand this time. I wish he'd had the chance, though.

TJ and Amina rode the rockets, while Paul rode with me. That was one of the best rides!
Paul and TJ are sitting on barrels of dynamite over to Tom Sawyer's Island. They explored caves and treehouses and ran all over that island.
Paul is "king of the world" on a rock on Tom Sawyer's Island.
The last ride of the day was It's a Small World. It was Aunt Janice's only request. TJ's cold. I'm breaking my rule of not using unflattering pictures of myself, but I like the background in this one.
And this one is blurry.

I made reservations at the wrong restaurant. We ate at Cafe Orleans, but I wanted Blue Bayou. Maybe I'll read this before we go next time and get it right then. Paul's favorite ride was the submarine. TJ's was Pirates of the Caribbean. Coker's and my favorite was Haunted Mansion, which TJ rode, but Paul did not. Paul and TJ got swords and Amina bought them pirate hats!

No comments: