Friday, June 10, 2011

California Vacation June 2011, Day 2

This is the only picture I thought to take on Sunday. TJ is holding his shoe next to one of Shaq's at Pepper's, where we ate lunch.
Why didn't I think to take more pictures? We went to the church Coker grew up attending, then to lunch with several of Coker's aunts and uncles. We saw Dave and Joanne and Rich and Trish, who drove in to Monrovia from Rancho Cucamonga to see us. I just like the names of the cities. Coker always says it's such a long drive, but I looked it up and it's not even as far as from Dallas to Fort Worth, though the drive time is longer. Traffic. They're both really friendly and Rich has a sense of humor much like Tim's and Coker's. Without Tim, there were no (friendly) "fights," like the time I witnessed Coker's uncles bump his head on the ceiling against his will. Coker did bump TJ's head on the ceiling as an homage.

Coker's "Auntie Joannie" (Joanne) arranged the lunch. She and David came with their daughters, Emily and Elizabeth. Veronica was at work, but we got to see her back at David and Joanne's house after lunch. Elizabeth is the youngest and will be a senior in high school next year. The three of them are entertaining together. Uncle Dave seems like the tall, silent type. I wonder if that's a result of living with four women. Joanne showed the boys her frog she keeps in an aquarium. She was careful to allow it to complete its sympathetic response in the sink before handing it over. They have a three legged dog, Lucky and a cat. There may be other animals I didn't meet, but that was enough to make Paul and TJ's day.

Trish's son, Zack came to lunch. He'll be a senior in high school next year and my boys love him. They remember him from our last visit. He's so kind to play with them and very smart; I like that they like him. Rich's son, Chris joined us later at Uncle David's house. He brought his friend, a pretty girl named Nicole. He's fun and an artist. Trish brought homemade cake and cookies, so we had more fun. Pictures would have been appropriate. Just imagine.


No comments: