
Today I want to list ten (of the million) reasons I'm thankful for my mom.
1. She always listens to me. I can call her anytime and she listens to everything I have to say, even the really boring stuff and convinces me that she's interested.
2. She's honest. She listens to what I have to say and is honest with her opinion, which I really do value, even if it's not what I want to hear.
3. She's a wonderful (not great, as I originally wrote) grandmother. My boys call her "Amina" and love her like crazy. Paul is always wanting to go to Amina's house.
4. She couldn't love my boys more if they were girls. She wanted a granddaughter, but is happier than she could have imagined with the boys.
5. Free childcare. Yes, Amina is usually available to take care of the boys when I need or want some child-free time. I suspect that she's cancelled plans to babysit, though she won't admit it.
6. She's a great mother-in-law. Coker only has good things to say about her. This also says something positive about Coker, but that can be another list.
7. She's a navigation-genius. If you're ever lost, just give her a call. If you want to know what (Texas) county a city is in, give her a call on that one too.
8. She's a number-genius. She can remember them, add them, etc. It's kind of weird.
9. She's nearby. It's just easier that way.
10. If you talk to her, you'd think I'm perfect.
3 comments:
Sounds like your mother displays the "mother heart of God" and you are truly blessed!
Here's the "other side:
1 I would still listen to you read the phone book and enjoy it.
2 Speak the truth with love is my goal.
3 For grandmothering I had a great role model
4 The boys are the delight of my (current) life, ranking second only to you overall.
5 Remember all those times Mother stayed with you because of my job? This is payback - and oh so much fun.
6 Coker is the best son-in-law in the world !!!
7 I don't have an innate sense of direction so I have to think about it using the feminine place recognition method along with the masculine directional method.
8 Yeah, it is weird. I count automatically and subconsciously like steps or stairs, doors, etc.
9 Closer would be handier sometimes, but I think this is about right.
10 This one is true, you are perfect.
Awww! I love this! And look how sweet your mom is for writing back!
Post a Comment