TJ has discovered Elmo. He likes to watch the end of Sesame Street, which is Elmo's World. When Paul asked to watch a movie, I noticed Elmo in Grouchland and thought that would be a fun one to watch again. I've seen it about a million times, because it was Paul's favorite movie for a while.
Paul does not remember ever seeing it, and he is now afraid of the villain, Huxley. Paul came to me crying because he was so scared. He even turned off the DVD player. Huxley is played by Mandy Patinkin, who is a great actor, but not very scary. This is what gets me: Paul has watched so many movies that I consider to be inappropriate and too scary like Star Wars, Spiderman and some of Lord of the Rings. He says none of these are scary. I told him I think Gollum is scary and he disagreed.
The thing that really terrifies Paul is thinking that there's someone out there who might take your favorite blanket, refuse to give it back and carry it off to some far away place.
TJ wasn't upset that he didn't get to see all of the movie. It was bedtime anyway. He got to curl up with a little stuffed Elmo.
No comments:
Post a Comment