Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Great Candy Caper

Though Paul did not have much success trick-or-treating before he decided he was bored and wanted to go home, we have a fair amount of Halloween candy in our house. Both Paul and TJ are called to the candy several times a day. Every time I am in the kitchen preparing a meal, I hear, "Mom, can I have candy?" This is quickly followed by, "I wan' can'y."

After dinner, Coker pulled out the Halloween candy and gave out a few pieces, leaving the bag on the sofa. I heard giggles and looked up to see a fuzzy blue monster headed awkwardly toward the candy on the sofa. Both boys were under a blanket, sneaking in to steal a treat. There were more giggles as they slipped the bag under the blanket, then ran off together to the bedroom.

Working together earned them a few M&M's before I confiscated the stolen candy. I just wanted to see how the caper would end.

No comments: