
I'm finally back. My mother-in-law, Edwina, passed away two weeks ago and life has been upside down, or maybe sideways. She will be missed and always loved and remembered by her family, of which I am proud to be a member, and many, many friends. There are still so many things to be thankful for, so I'll get to counting...
1. My husband's sweet family treats me like one of their own. I love each one of them.
2. Our church family has been so loving and supportive. We've been prayed for, received kind words, calls, cards, food, e-mails and two men even drove to Abilene for the funeral. The love from our church is unbelievable!
3. My family, our friends and neighbors are the best. More prayers, calls, cards, food and trips to Abilene came from them.
4. TJ's personality and vocabulary grow every day. I love watching him discover new things and display an amazing amount of kindness for a 19-month-old. He took a chair to his great aunt without being asked. He gave me a pillow when I lay down beside him on the bed.
5. Paul has discovered that TJ can be fun. It's great to see them play together more and more. Today they modelled dad's shoes together, yelled together, and played "tackle mom and help her up again and again" together.
6. Coker is home. He stayed with his dad for a while to help out, which I'm glad he did, but I'm selfishly happy to have him home.
7. God's word and the ability to study it with others.
8. I'll have a few hours of free time once the boys start mother's day out next week.
9. We had leftovers prepared by a sweet friend for lunch.
10. Crayons aren't permanent (unless they go through the dryer, and they didn't today).
6 comments:
Sorry for your loss but thankful for the support that gathered around you! Bless your thankful heart.
I'm so thankful for our church family, too! We know that God has surrounded ya'll with love over these past few weeks for a reason! What a great thankful list! I'm thankful that we have great mom's and friends like you that are always willing to help out other friends! Thanks so much for helping in the nursery on Sunday!!
sorry for the loss. Your family sounds wonderful - they probably treat you like one of theirs because you are. Too bad other families don't recognize this.
Love your list; God bless.
Sharon
You are one of us! Ha! I'm one of us, too! :) We definitely are blessed when it comes to our chosen family.
Hey, Meredith. So glad y'all are back home safely and that Coker is back home, too. So sorry again for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman ~ she had to have been to raise such a great son and to gain you for a daughter-in-law.
Whew!! Good to know those crayons didn't make it through the dryer. Mr. Brownstone still wears a t-shirt with orange "scribbles" all over it!
Have a great week!
Hey Meridith~ I just found out you had a blog from looking at Jill W.'s. I am so sorry about your loss. Coker & your family have been in our prayers!
Post a Comment