Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Paul the Nudge

It made me smile to watch little TJ put "Cow" down for a nap. He carefully lay his stuffed horse down on the treadmill, covered him with my pajama pants that he'd pulled from my drawer and said, "Sleep...good...Cow." I thought how sweet my little boy is to care for his "Cow" so tenderly.

Paul was also watching TJ, but his thoughts were not in line with mine. The moment TJ stepped away, Paul swooped in and grabbed the stuffed animal. He laughed and held it over TJ's head while TJ cried, "No Paul! No Paul!" I said, "Paul," in my stern mom voice and he gave the horse back and the process repeated itself until Paul became bored with that form of little-brother torture.

I'm an only child. I don't get it, but I know that one day TJ will purposely torture Paul.

No comments: