Monday, July 11, 2011

Indiana Jones Party

While I worked on Saturday, the boys watched the Indiana Jones marathon on TV and came up with ideas for an "Indiana Jones Party" based on the dinner party scene. Coker and the little boys described grandiose plans, including a snake-shaped cake with gummy worms inside on Saturday evening.

When I got home Sunday, everyone was in costume and we were at the dinner party. I was served beetle appetizer (chips with ranch dressing guts and some sort of crispy potato strings for legs - the boys got gingersnaps with whipped cream guts, sour punch straw legs and M&M eyes), snake with baby snakes inside (crescent-shaped turkey meatloaf with olive eyes baked with asparagus inside) and our dessert was chilled monkey brains in a monkey skull (frozen virgin daiquiri inside a hollowed out mini watermelon with olive eyes, a strawberry nose and cucumber ears).

After dinner, they all played Indiana Jones, which ended with racing down the stairs being chased by the giant Mavericks ball Coker won shooting baskets somewhere. No one was hurt.

No comments: