This Monday was a Monday after a working weekend. I was tired and I had a doctor's appointment. Coker was nice enough to stay home to watch sweet TJ because it was the type of appointment that would have been traumatic for a little boy.
It was also Valentine's Day. I thought I would be sneaky and take Coker's car so I could have it detailed on the way home as his gift. His car was yucky! I casually said, "I'm taking your car, OK?"
"Be sure and get it washed."
Gotta love Coker's sense of humor. "Ha ha." Did he see a weird look on my face?
At my appointment, I decided to go ahead and have a procedure the next day instead of "waiting and watching" my situation. I'm tired of this. Let's get it behind me.
I knew Coker would be on a conference call on my way home, so I called mom and asked if she would help me out the next day and stopped for the car detailing. As I waited, Coker called and asked, "what's going on?"
"I stopped to run an errand. I'll be home soon. I thought you were on a conference call." Can't he wait a FEW MINUTES???!!??
"Baylor Surgicare just called. What's going on?"
Oh. "I'm going in tomorrow. I didn't call right away because I thought you were on a call."
He saw the caller ID and dropped off the conference call worried I'd been rushed into surgery. Wow, that place is fast. The nurse called later and apologized for scaring my husband. She couldn't tell him anything because of HIPPA laws and had to advise him to call me. All is well. Coker was happy with his clean car, but we had to reschedule my Valentine's Day gift: my day at the spa conflicted with my procedure the next day.
Almost. Coker's car has a nice feature: you don't have to put the key in the ignition to start it; the key just has to be in the car. It's handy not having to dig keys out of my purse. At the car wash, I had to leave them in the car so it would keep running without a problem. When I got back in the car, I put them in the cup holder. Big mistake.
That afternoon at 2:05, I began to gather TJ to pick up Paul at school. I couldn't find my keys. By the garage door where they belong? No. In my purse? No. On the kitchen counter? The desk? Bathroom counter? No. No. No. In Coker's car. In Fort Worth. Yes. Noooo! How do I pick up Paul? My neighbor across the street has a kindergartener at the same school. Luckily, I have her mobile phone number and she answered and she was on her way to pick up her daughter. Hooray! Once again, all is well.
That was my Monday. Well, there was that bit of information I let slip out of my mouth without thinking to the wrong person. I'm always better off keeping my mouth shut, so I'll do that now.
2 comments:
Sorry you had such a tumultuous Monday; I hope today is better. We are praying for you guys!
Thanks, Alecia! I just had to laugh at everything, and share. Thanks for listening.
Post a Comment