Sunday, August 2, 2009

Games We Play

I was inspired to write about fun games, made up and otherwise by Antique Mommy.

Reading her post, the first one I thought of was "Turn me loose, little goose." When I was little, I sat on mom's foot and hugged her leg with my arms and legs. She would drag me around, chanting, "turn me loose, little goose!" Both Paul and TJ now enjoy this game. I am less graceful than I remember mom, as I hobble around with a boy on each leg. I had to change the chant to, "turn me leese, little geese." Now that I give it more thought, I could have addressed each "goose" separately and used the more correct, "turn me loose..." Alas!

"Pillow House" is a current favorite with my boys. They pull out every pillow they can find and pile them up in the living room. My designs that include little rooms using the sofa and other furniture are not well-received. Burrowing into the house is more fun than crawling. I don't get it, and neither does Coker. His distaste for a pillow mess is greater than mine. Pillows are easier to pick up than legos or play-doh, I say.

I love "Hide and Seek." Paul is becoming a good hider. His seeking ability is coming along; he often has to ask me for a clue, unless TJ is hiding with me. When TJ hides with me, he giggles or "whispers" and gives us away. Little TJ loves to play, but just needs a little help. He's always on my team.

"Tickle Monster" is our version of chase. One person is the Tickle Monster and chases the others around the house until someone has to stop to catch his breath, OK, her breath. It's almost always me.

1 comment:

Amina said...

The best playtime is together, usually with things we find around the house - like pillows. Remember how Paul loved the box BJ's gift came in for Paul's first birthday? And, TJ loves to carry around the chalk box almost as much as he loves to draw with the chalk.