Oftentimes, he surprises me with what he says. Sometimes, he's a little flirty. Sometimes I walk to my car wondering if he simply meant what he said or if he meant to be a little naughty. With that sunny smile, it's tough to know for sure. Is he joking? Flirting? Trying to shock me? A dirty old man with a sweet face? I just don't know.
Today, I brought his lunch and a "holiday meal" that Meals on Wheels designed for him to eat on Friday, which is Good Friday. I explained this as loudly as I can without shouting, but he seemed a little confused. After I wished him a 'happy Easter,' he asked, "Meals on Wheels is closed for Easter?" I answered in the affirmative. RW's smiling response: "I'll be damned."
I've been laughing at that inappropriate phrase all day. I wish I'd been quick-witted enough to say, "You don't have to be. That's the idea behind Easter." RW wins again.
No comments:
Post a Comment