Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Jangle and Paul

I forgot to move Jangle the elf last night.  Oh no!  To make matters worse, Paul routinely gets up before I do.  I still haven't figured out why he gets up so early.  I think he might be a morning person, like Coker.  TJ and I prefer to sleep as late as we can.

On this morning, the eighth of December, Coker is out of town and Paul came downstairs around 6:30.  He finds Jangle right where Gertie left him when she knocked him out of Paul's boot: on the floor...  

Paul comes through my room to take a shower and greets me with a "good morning."  I mumble something and keep sleeping until I remember JANGLE!  Hearing the shower running, I jump out of bed to move him, hoping Paul didn't look for him yet.  He's gone!  Could Paul have moved him?  Did Gertie carry him off?  I decide to get back in bed and see what happens.

I don't mention Jangle.  Finally, as I'm making lunches, Paul asks if anyone has found the elf yet.
"No.  Where could he be?"
"I think he's here in the tree."
I walk over to look.  "That's a great spot!  Good job, Jangle!"  I give Paul a hug and a smile.  He smiles back.  Jangle looks mischievous.

1 comment:

Amina said...

Oops! He may have discovered the big picture.