Friday, July 24, 2015

We're On Vacation!

This year, we drove to San Marcos and met cousins for some fun in the sun and water.  Paul is really excited; his very cool camp counselor had him pose for pictures with this face two weeks ago.  The counselor is a very good (and apparently awesome) kid who will be a freshman at A&M this fall, so I won't complain if Paul idolizes him a bit.

Our first order of business was to take a quick river float trip.  I didn't risk my camera or a shot of myself in a swimsuit, so no pictures.  The kids had a great time playing with cousins and I managed to destroy every float I was given.

The next two days were Schlitterbahn days.  After several tries, and the sacrifice of riding the Soda Straws over and over, I managed to get a picture of Coker and Paul exiting the ride.  Coker won this one.  I think that straw must be a little shorter, but TJ disagrees and continues to race on the other side.


 
 I admit it: I saved my leather seats and loaded the wet kids in the back of the SUV for the short ride back to the condo.  That Cayelyn is a girl after my own heart.  She wants to ride all the rides and have all the fun.  I just lack her energy.

 
Isn't Casey a doll?

 
Wonder World is not especially wonderful, but we had fun.
 
 
The caves were created by an earthquake, not water, so you can touch.
 


  The cave "throne"
 
 I needed a new expression.  Pretend you are asking me to buy you something...
 
Paul is "awesome," and TJ photobombs. 
 
The lookout

Anti-gravity house

 
The kids fed the deer on the "train" ride.


 
We had a great time!  What to do on our next vacation??

No comments: