Monday, February 24, 2014

TJ's Birthday!

Wow, how did February show up so quickly?  I'd better write about TJ's birthday!

Last fall, at the Mavericks game, TJ decided it was SO MUCH FUN he wanted to go to a game for his birthday.  That's what we did.  I bought tickets for the four of us, plus two for friends.  TJ invited one friend and gave the other ticket to Paul so he could invite a friend.  What a great little brother!

The boys had a great time.  Coker tried to convince them to high five the Mavs Dancers in the concourse.  The two 9-year-olds wouldn't dream of it, and the girls were gone by the time he got the 7-year-olds out there.  Paul's friend, Alec even covered his face during the dancers' performance.

As a part of the package, we got t-shirts, bracelets and hot dog vouchers.  Everyone got a deck of cards, which I held to give the boys when we dropped them off.  Once home, Coker opened them to find they have the dancers on them.  I quickly texted the other moms and apologized.  I'm not sure where Paul's deck of cards went…

We met with Amina, Papaw, Robin, Stuart and the Fairlys for a dinner at Grimaldi's the following night.  Thanks to Robin and Stuart, I know that Grimaldi's pizza is excellent with only veggies and no cheese.   I knew it was good, but that's amazing!

Before the game: Parker, Alec, Paul and TJ

Paul attempts to stuff ALL his cotton candy into his mouth at once

TJ and his bestie, Parker

Sword fighting, what else would you do at a basketball game?

Playing outside

Gift time!

How many versions will Skylanders manage to produce before the game is "old"?

1 comment:

Amina said...

Now that was a birthday party!