Saturday, May 7, 2011

Triple Play Paul

This marks Paul's fourth season to play T-ball. He seems to be more into the game this year. I have a few ideas on the reasons why.
1. He's older and more mature. His ability to understand the game is growing, along with his ability to play.
2. His best friend is on the team. He can commiserate and compete with Alec.

Paul has made a few good plays this season, but today is one for the (well, my) record books. Paul was on the field covering second base. The batter hit the ball straight to him and he caught it! That's impressive enough. Next, he tagged the runner coming from first to second. Then, he ran over and tagged second base, earning a third out for the runner on his way from second to third.

After the game, the coach asked the team, "Who got three players out at the same time?" Paul was elated to be presented with a game ball.

On the way home in the car, Coker and I went on and on about how proud we were. Paul asked, "How'd I get three outs?" Coker explained and I exclaimed further. Paul answered, "I'm out of crackers." Well, baseball can claim only so much of his attention. He's still very proud and looking for anyone to listen to the story of his baseball glory.

No comments: