Monday, November 16, 2009

Thoughts on Romans 1, 2, 3?

The Bible verse of the day is fitting for what's on my mind, "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.” (Psalm 119:18)

My reading from BibleGateway.com was Romans 1, 2 and 3. Romans 1:32 is, "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." Romans 2:1 is, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Romans 3:9-19 reminds us that no one is righteous. So, I know I am not righteous on my own. I am not to approve of those who practice evil, yet I am not to judge them. That's tough; I'm still digesting. I thought it would help to write it out. We'll see...

Maybe I should just take TJ's advice. He brought me the phone and said he wanted to call God. I told him we call God by praying to Him and reading the Bible. He said that he had already prayed and insisted that he wanted to call God on the phone. Finally, I asked if we could call Amina instead.
"Yes!"
And we did.

1 comment:

Amina said...

I'm no substitute for God, but I'll be happy to take all your phone calls.